I have answered your questions in previous posts:
- latest version of RoboDK
- variable set to 1
- no errors or warnings
Using netstat and TCPView for Windows (part of Windows Sysinternals), I can see connections being negotiated and established with our CB3-based UR5, but with the CB2-based UR5 the connection is never established. Instead, it gets stuck in the listening state. I am currently running SW 1.8.16941, having downgraded from SW 1.8.25319 to see if it was a UR software issue, but the situation remains the same. I am currently trying to determine the software version that originally shipped with the CB2 robot - I believe it was 1.8.16941, but am verifying with our local agent to be sure.
Having downgraded through several software revisions with no change in outcome, the only conclusion I am able to draw is that it is not possible to use RoboDK with a CB2-based UR5. Again, if any readers of this thread have managed to successfully connect to their CB2-based UR5 using RoboDK, please let the rest of us know, as at this stage I am out of ideas.
09-26-2019, 10:58 AM
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2019, 11:03 AM by JakubPiszczek.)
I think i might solved this problem.
I tried to connect to robot by using RoboDK on my PC and directly connection with Ethernet cable to Control Box.
The problem was that every time i tried clicking on "Connect" button there was "Waiting" status and nothing happened.
1) I pluged Ethernet cable to router and connected my PC to that router by WiFi to that router. Then I set DHCP to assigns an IP address in PolyScope on control panel (touchscreen) and entered the same address in RoboDK on PC.
2) Robot MUST be in operational mode.
After I have done 1) and 2) robot the connection between PC and CB was established. I think that point 1) is not and issue and a real problem was point 2).
My UR robot is UR10e. I disabled all antivirus and windows firewall. I set remote control on touchscreen.
If that helped, you can send me a bottle of good whiskey :)
I had the same problem with ur5e.
I didn't know what was meant by ''operational mode''. I mean it is obvious that your robot should be turned on and you should start motors on.
In my case, the connection starts working when I chose remote control on the robot controller. I also let the port in RoboDK environment the same as it is automatically selected in my case it was Robot port: 2000.
Try to turn Windows Firewall OFF to troubleshoot communication issues with the robot.
I was having the same problem as you and could not find the solution anywhere on the internet.
The problem is that the UR is set to local control by default.
This means that you can only control it via the teach pendant.
If you set the control mode to remote control it should work with external control software such as ROBODK.
You can find this setting in the top right corner of the teach pendant.
I had a similar problem connecting a UR3e:
-Universal Robots UR3e, Polyscope 5.4x? (as delivered in December 2019)
-Set IP address on PC to 192.168.1.1, subnet mask to 255.255.255.0
-Set UR3e robot IP address to 192.168.1.2
-Windows 10 Firewall: turned OFF
-CAT6 cable from UR controller to PC
-Ping test: successful
-Connect: waiting . . . (never connects, no timeout or other indication to the user - something RoboDK could improve)
SOLUTION: (what worked for me):
-Installed Ethernet switch with another CAT6 cable between the PC and the UR Controller
-Connect: . . . waiting . . . (~ 0.5 sec delay) . . . CONNECTED!
-You could also try a router; an ethernet crossover cable might work too
-I did NOT make any changes to the /RoboDK-Drivers/apiur.exe.ini file
I am experiencing some issues trying to connect to a UR3e
The log as shown:
Driver apiur not running
Starting robot driver: C:/RoboDK/api/robot/apiur.exe
RoboDK driver for UR v3.9.0
Loading settings: C:/Users/kyle.watson/AppData/Roaming/RoboDK-Drivers/apiur.exe.ini
MoveJ with Joints: Yes
MoveL with Joints: Yes
MoveL as: movel(...)
Controller Version: 3
Communication Timeout (ms): 1000
Driver apiur not running
Error: Process crashed (id 1)
The ping is successful and remote control is enabled as well as active when I try to establish connection. After hitting connect the bar flashes red and says stopped. I have double clicked disconnect and tried many times.