Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Connection problem with Motoman FS100 controller via HSE

Hi,

I tried to use RoboDK's connect robot feature (online programing) with Yaskawa Motoman FS100 controller.
After connect with HSE, it's ok to get correct position of robot but the robot didn't act by using "Move joints" button.
Base on the log, it was "Connection problems" and do you know how to fix it?

RoboDK version: v4.0.0 (64bit) on Windows 10
Driver: MotomanHSE
Robot: Motoman FS100 controller + SIA20D

Best regards.

PenceCMKo

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.txt   RoboDK_connect_robot_log.txt (Size: 882 bytes / Downloads: 469)
Hi Pence,

RoboDK was not supposed to support 7-axis robot arms using HSE. However, with the latest version we just updated the driver to include support for 7-axis arms like the SIA robots.

I recommend you to download the latest version and provide the same log if you have any issues:
https://robodk.com/download

If you have Motocom you should not have any issues using our standard driver (apimotoman).

Albert
(10-21-2019, 08:14 PM)Albert Wrote: Hi Pence,

RoboDK was not supposed to support 7-axis robot arms using HSE. However, with the latest version we just updated the driver to include support for 7-axis arms like the SIA robots.

I recommend you to download the latest version and provide the same log if you have any issues:
https://robodk.com/download

If you have Motocom you should not have any issues using our standard driver (apimotoman).

Albert

Hi Albert, 

By using the latest version of RoboDK (v4.0.0.13379), the robot connection feature works well on our 7-axis robot with HSE.

By the way, I also tried to use Motocom (apimotoman) but the similar "license problem" met.
https://robodk.com/forum/Thread-Motocom-...ht=motocom

Do you have any idea which DLL file that we should replace to fix this issue?

Best regards.

PenceCMKo
Hi PenceCMKo,

The Motocom version of the Motoman driver requires a Motocom license. This is sold by Yaskawa/Motoman. Apparently, this license is constrained by continent (or by DLL). So depending on where you are in the world you may have to request the Motocom library from Motoman and replace the MotoCom32.dll file in C:/RoboDK/api/robot/

Albert
(10-24-2019, 06:58 PM)Albert Wrote: Hi PenceCMKo,

The Motocom version of the Motoman driver requires a Motocom license. This is sold by Yaskawa/Motoman. Apparently, this license is constrained by continent (or by DLL). So depending on where you are in the world you may have to request the Motocom library from Motoman and replace the MotoCom32.dll file in C:/RoboDK/api/robot/

Albert

Hi Albert,

I tried to replace MotoCom32.dll only, the license issue still happened.
Then I replaced another 3 more files, Motolk.dll, Motolkr.dll and vrp32.dll. Then the license issue was fixed.

Using the apimotoman driver, the RoboDK can connect with robot but no response with "Get position" .
Does it need update for the "RoboDK driver for motoman" for 7-axis robot?

Best regards.

Pence

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi Pence,
Thank you for this information. I would recommend you to use the MotomanHSE version of the driver as it does not require Motocom.
This is the version we'll support best from now on.
Albert