Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Failed to connect Yaskawa Motoman SIA 10D with RoboDK

actually, im still confused. 

if we refer to the manual instructions for yaskawa robot, https://robodk.com/doc/en/Robots-Motoman.html , it is stated there are 2 ways to connect between the robot yaskawa and RoboDK. first, connect the robot with roboDK with driver motomanHSE. this way can be established if we use RoboDK version 4.2 or the latest (i use roboDK version 5.5.4). and the second way, it can connect the robot with robotDK using motoman's motocom softwere.

in this case, i use RoboDK version 5.5.4 that it means that is the newest version roboDK and so i can use the first way to connect it. do you have any idea why this is happened even i use roboDK version 5.5.4? and i actually dont have motocom softwere, so i hopefully i can do it in the first way. or maybe is there any way to do exporting movement from roboDK to be opened in motoplus.  

or maybe is there any problem with the ethernet? my laptop doesnt have Ethernet port and i use adaptor LAN/ethernet to USB A to connect the robot to my laptop

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The USB to LAN adaptor should not be an issue.

We have not updated the apimotoman version of the driver which should support 7-axis robots. However, we have been updating RoboDK with updates focused on the MotomanHSE driver which uses the High Speed Ethernet protocol, which does not require Motocom. Do you still have issues with the latest version?

You can contact us through Help-Request Support if you have a Professional license and we can help you better troubleshoot though a web conference call.
Hi Albert,

until right now i have trouble with all of those. i still couldn’t do online programming with RoboDk with driver MotomanHSE. the log still same, ErrorSMS:RoboDK driver for Motoman v4.8.3 (HSE and Serial). when i ask it to roboDK forum, i still don’t get solution and where the mistake is. i cannot use apimotoman driver because i dont have the motocom software and apimotoman dont support for 7 axis robot, motoman SIA 10D.

i have educational license, could you help me about my project? i tried several times to email roboDk but i got zero answer.
Thank you

Farhan