Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How to connect to Ufactory Lite6

Hello. I want to know how to connect RoboDK to Ufactory Lite6. I set my computer and Robot's IP in the same network and I succeeded ping to Robot from RoboDK program. And then I pushed Connect Button. But Connection status is Failed. How can I do to solve this problem? And where can I get the driver for Ufactory Lite6?
This section of the documentation can help you troubleshoot driver connection issues:
https://robodk.com/doc/en/Robot-Drivers....oubleshoot

Are you able to ping the robot? Can you share the connection Log?
(09-20-2023, 04:35 PM)Albert Wrote: This section of the documentation can help you troubleshoot driver connection issues:
https://robodk.com/doc/en/Robot-Drivers....oubleshoot

Are you able to ping the robot? Can you share the connection Log?

I'm also using a uFactory Lite 6 robot and testing the "Run on Robot" feature but don't see a driver for that robot. I suspect it is similar to the xArm driver, but when I tried using that driver the physical robot arm did not behave as expected from the simulated program. So: is there a dedicated driver available for uFactory's Lite 6 arm or is the xArm driver the one I should be using and I'm doing something else wrong on my end.
Thanks!

Attached Files
.pdf   robodk_screen_grab.pdf (Size: 210.98 KB / Downloads: 113)
For your UFactory Lite6 robot you should use the same xArmDriver you are trying. Can you send us a print screen of the connection log?
(10-01-2023, 05:46 PM)Albert Wrote: For your UFactory Lite6 robot you should use the same xArmDriver you are trying. Can you send us a print screen of the connection log?

Great - yes. I dug deeper and see that all the uFactory arms use the same xArm python library (which also works great to control our arm from the command-line).  In RoboDK, I was also able "Run on Robot" with a simple program - MoveL/J actions between a few manually set targets - but the unexpected behavior happens when I use the RoboDK-Rhino plugin to generate the path/program to trace a small circle (for example). I'll head to the lab and gather some screen shots to further illustrate. I've been trying to step through the program to identify where the instructions get mixed up but have yet to find it. NB: after running the Rhino-plugin generated program, our arm speed is set _very_ slow and I have to do a factory reset in order to bring it back to normal operating speeds...

Another thing I'm curious about is that the xArm API version shipped with RoboDK is several revisions older than the current 1.13 library. Not sure if that could be contributing to the mismatch.

Thanks and more to come!
-ben

.pdf   before.pdf (Size: 596.42 KB / Downloads: 116)
.pdf   after run on robot.pdf (Size: 579.26 KB / Downloads: 114)
Here's the console log. Everything is going smoothly for the first few commands, and then I end up with a jerky motion and a "Kinematic error" (code 21) and it disconnects. I can reconnect and then use "Get position" to show the resulting position of the jerky movement...
Stumped on this one. Thanks!

Code:
Disconnected
Stopped
Starting robot driver: C:/RoboDK/api/robot/xArmDriver.py
Using RoboDK RoboDK v5.6.4
Starting...
Not started
Sending command...
Using Python version: sys.version_info(major=3, minor=10, micro=10, releaselevel='final', serial=0)
RoboDK Driver: C:/RoboDK/api/robot
RoboDK Driver for xArm v1.1.4
Disconnected
Working...
Connecting to robot IP 192.168.1.156
Working...
is_old_protocol: False
version_number: 1.12.10
=============sync_all
[set_state], xArm is ready to move
API Version:6,9,LI1006,DL1000,v1.12.10
Ready
Sending command...
Ready
Sending command...
Working...
Ready
Sending command...
Working...
Ready
Sending command...
Working...
Ready
Sending command...
Working...
ControllerError, code: 21
Error code:21
Disconnected
Sending command...
ControllerError had clean
Working...
Connecting to robot IP 192.168.1.156
Working...
is_old_protocol: False
version_number: 1.12.10
=============sync_all
[motion_enable], xArm is not ready to move
[set_state], xArm is ready to move
API Version:6,9,LI1006,DL1000,v1.12.10
Ready
Sending command...
Working...
Ready

After more details: I saved off the python script using "Generate Robot Program as..." option and debugged it by running via VSCodium to see that the calls to robot.MoveL(...) were causing the issue. If I change them all to robot.MoveJ then the program runs as expected, though the circle is drawn in rather straight line segments. At least it doesn't cause the robot to twist and turn and collide with itself and the table!

That is changing lines like this:
Code:
    robot.MoveL([17.534400,60.966500,98.129500,0.000000,37.163000,-162.466000,163.839, 14.958, 0.000,  -180.000, -0.000, 180.000])

To this:
Code:
    robot.MoveJ([17.534400,60.966500,98.129500,0.000000,37.163000,-162.466000])

Not to pile it one, but I had to surround the driver info in quotes to run the generated Python:
Code:
DRIVER_VERSION = 'RoboDK Driver for xArm v1.1.4'

Does that help shed some light on what might be going on?
I've also attached the RDK file that generated the original python as well as my modified version with the MoveJ calls changed to MoveL.

.rdk   Test Rhino Circle.rdk (Size: 259.3 KB / Downloads: 101)
.py   RhinoProject_circle.py (Size: 20.92 KB / Downloads: 82)
.py   RhinoProject_circle_orig.py (Size: 20.57 KB / Downloads: 70)
(10-02-2023, 09:43 PM)benriver Wrote: MoveJ calls changed to MoveL.

Oops - should be: "MoveL calls changed to MoveJ"
I understand MoveJ works on your Ufactory robot, but not MoveL...

Can you contact us by email?
https://robodk.com/contact

We can better troubleshoot with a call.