Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Lines on product not showing up

hello,

we have the part drawings from our CAD software, wich include sanding lines on the part itself.
i checked to see if that was true, and the software shows those lines as well. however, when i open the part in roboDK the lines don't show up, i've gone trough a lot of settings and forum posts but i can't seem to figure out why that is. unfortunately we can't use any of the RoboDK plugins, because we use a diffrent CAD software. the file is in the STEP format, that same format did show the lines in a simple CADviewer.

might anyone be able to help? thanks in advance!
Can you try the following?

Tools->Options->CAD->Import all curves and points
Tools->Options->Display->Display Curves
Please read the Forum Guidelines before posting!
Find useful information about RoboDK by visiting our Online Documentation.
(12-09-2022, 01:06 PM)Sam Wrote: Can you try the following?

Tools->Options->CAD->Import all curves and points
Tools->Options->Display->Display Curves

thank you for your quick reaction, i have tried those settings quickly, when nothing happened i tried opening the file again. but i'm still not seeing the finishing lines.
Can you try loading the finishing lines separately? Without the part?
Please read the Forum Guidelines before posting!
Find useful information about RoboDK by visiting our Online Documentation.
(12-09-2022, 01:13 PM)Sam Wrote: Can you try loading the finishing lines separately? Without the part?

the finishing lines are intergrated into the part file, i cannot import them seperately.

the person who worked with the program previously said he once had the lines working, but likely changed some settings that are causing them not to show up now.
That is normal, sketch lines cannot be imported in RoboDK with the object.
You need to use one of our CAD software plugin and use the "Load Curve(s)" option. 

More on that in our documentation : RoboDK Add-In for SolidWorks - RoboDK Documentation
(12-09-2022, 02:51 PM)Olivier Wrote: That is normal, sketch lines cannot be imported in RoboDK with the object.
You need to use one of our CAD software plugin and use the "Load Curve(s)" option. 

More on that in our documentation : RoboDK Add-In for SolidWorks - RoboDK Documentation

that is where it gets interesting however, because the person who used to work with RoboDK here told me he had it working before, and that it would likely be a setting issue as to why it isn't working anymore. 

apart from that, i thought the same thing as to it not being possible. but he ensures it is possible an that he had it working before, and even without an add-in.
It is possible to extract curves by default when you load a STEP or an IGES file. 

You should activate this setting:
  1. Tools-Options-CAD
  2. Check the option Import all curves and points. This refers to curves and points defined in your 3D model.
  3. Check the option Generate edges for each surface. This automatically creates curves for each surface edge.
(12-12-2022, 09:02 AM)Albert Wrote: It is possible to extract curves by default when you load a STEP or an IGES file. 

You should activate this setting:
  1. Tools-Options-CAD
  2. Check the option Import all curves and points. This refers to curves and points defined in your 3D model.
  3. Check the option Generate edges for each surface. This automatically creates curves for each surface edge.

so i did try those settings before and decided to try it again, but it's still not showing the finishing lines, might there be a certain way to import such a file other then simply opening it i'm missing? because i'm still not seeing the lines with either of the 2 files.
Can you share your 3D models?