Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

RoboDK will not connect to KUKA KR6 robot

We have been trying to get RoboDK connected to our KUKA KR6 robot. We have followed the documented installation procedure closely, but have the following problems :

KUKAVARPROXY.EXE when launched from the desktop produces a pop up window , but does not seem to run or make any noticeable progress on this. Is this normal ? does it take quite a while ??

We were told to run the $config file manually. How do you do this , we have tried every option we can think of ?

When trying to make aconnection with the robot, we have checked the robot IP from the Smart Pad display. However when we try to Ping the address it fails.

Any help would be so gratefully received as it is getting quite frustrating now !

Thanks 

Andy
Hi Andy, 

Just to be sure that we start on the right foot, the KUKAVARPROXY.exe is on the desktop of the robot controller? Right?  (Kuka controllers are running embedded version of Windows.)

https://robodk.com/doc/en/Robots-KUKA.html#DriverKUKA
(01-29-2019, 02:50 PM)Jeremy Wrote: Hi Andy, 

Just to be sure that we start on the right foot, the KUKAVARPROXY.exe is on the desktop of the robot controller? Right?  (Kuka controllers are running embedded version of Windows.)

https://robodk.com/doc/en/Robots-KUKA.html#DriverKUKA

Hi Jeremy,

Yes, kukavarproxy.exe is on the desktop of the Controller. I have also pasted it into the startup folder so that it automatically starts on bootup of the robot. The pop up screen appears but it does not seem to do anything , is that normal ?

As I said to Albert I have not been able to locate the MainCom.src file in order to copy it into KRC\R1 it was not in the folder of files sent to us by Albert.

RoboDK is on a remote desktop connected to the controller via LAN cable. I have disabled the Firewall on the Controller just in case it was interfering with the connection.

I have tested the apikuka.exe and the system gives me a message "The code execution cannot proceed because Qt5 network.dll was not found"

I did an ipconfig to find the controller IP to verify it was right. It does Ping successfully, but when we try to connect the robot via Robodk the system just keeps looping its attempts to connect without success.

Would it be better to install RoboDK on the robot controller directly to avoid networking problems ??

The Robot tool is only a very small enabler to my overall PhD Research so I am desperate to get this working now as I need to proceed in the other areas.

Thank you an advance for your assistance it is very much appreciated.

Andrew
p.s. I have been over the installation procedure document a few times now to make sure that I have not done something stupid. But all seems to be in place apart from the above points.
I imagine that the controller is a KRC4 ? (that matter more then the robot model)
(01-30-2019, 08:05 PM)Jeremy Wrote: I imagine that the controller is a KRC4 ? (that matter more then the robot model)

Hi Jeremy,
Yes it is a KRC4

Any idea on what the problem may be ?

Best Wishes

Andrew

Jeremy, Also forgot to mention that when I had a closer look at the HMI the RoboDKsynch35.src file in R1 has a red cross through it and is displaying and error message . I have sent the details to Albert of the message and line numbers identidied.
Hi Andy,

Most likely, your problem comes from the fact that you didn't properly set the global variable in the $config.dat.

"We were told to run the $config file manually. How do you do this , we have tried every option we can think of ?"

You are not supposed to "run" it manually, you are supposed to modify it manually by adding some constant variables.
Make sure to add the variable find in the picture, save it and launch KUKAVARPROXY.EXE again. 

https://robodk.com/doc/en/Robots-KUKA.html#KUKA

Jeremy
Hi Jeremy,

Hope that you had a good weekend.

Thanks for your response

I will check the contents of the $config file, which we have double checked previously in case of ommisions/errors.

On the last line of your Image attachment the instruction is to manually start the RoboDKsynch.src file. I sent a detailed email to Albert regarding this file as there is a red cross though it on the HMI and it is saying that there are missing parameters at quite a few line numbers. It also does not give the option to Select the file in order to run it. I will send you some screen images later today after the Research group meeting this morning.

Thanks for your assistance so far.

Andy
Hi Jeremy,
  • I have checked the $config.dat file looks good to me (See file script attached)
  • The Robodksynch.src is showing an error on the controller HMI (RoboDKsynch.src file script attached)
  • I will also email you the screen images from the controller of the Kukavarproxy.exe installed on the controller desktop , the screen showing that you cannot select the RoboDKsynch.src in order to run it and the error screen from the HMI showing details of the errors. 
Will have to email these as the file sizes are too large for the forum.

Hope this will give you some more concrete information so that we can find a way through this impasse soon.

Many Thanks for your help.

Andy

Attached Files
.docx   $config file script.docx (Size: 12.39 KB / Downloads: 697)
.docx   RoboDKsynch.src script.docx (Size: 13.47 KB / Downloads: 765)
Hi Andy, 

You sent this picture by e-mail. 

This is the proof that you problem comes from the $config.dat file. 
The  RoboDKsynch.src  file is looking for those global variables and can't find them. 

There are different possibilities to why that happens. 
1 - Something in you $config.dat is wrong. 
You sent us that for your $config.dat : 

Code:
&ACCESS  RV
&PARAM DISKPATH =
&REL 1
DEFDAT  $CONFIG

INT COM_ACTION=0
INT COM_ACTCNT=0
REAL COM_RONDM=0.0
REAL COM_VALUE1=0.0
REAL COM_VALUE2=0.0
REAL COM_VALUE3=0.0
REAL COM_VALUE4=0.0
DECL E6AXIS COM_E6AXIS
DECL FRAME COM_FRAME
DECL POS COM_POS

ENDDAT

Are you sure that the part before the "DEFDAT $CONFIG" is right?

2 - You $config.dat file is not at the right place in your controller, therefore, it can't be executed. 

3 - You created a new $config.dat instead of modifying the existing one. 

4 - Any other problem that could restrain the KRC4 controller to execute the global variable declaration code, therefore, restrain the KRC4 controller to recognize the variable used by RoboDKsynch.src.

Jeremy
Hi Jeremy,

I am getting ready to interface my extrusion equipment on the KUKA KR6 700 and we have sorted out our networking issues and have established a connection with the robot to read joint positions etc.

We cannot control the movements of the robot from RoboDK as we have never received the file MainCom.src

Is it possible that you can send me this file as a zip attachment or similar by return as we would like to get fully functionality asap.

Many Thanks for your help it is very much appreciated.

Very Best Regards

Andrew

P.S. Also kukaapi.exe does not seem to work when we tried that option