Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Robotiq Gripper 2F-85 Integration and control with UR10e in RoboDK

Hi,

I am using RoboDK Python API to run my Robot UR10e and Robotiq Gripper 2f-85. UR10e movements are good enough but gripper integrations and control isn't working fine. 

I have been following RoboDK and this Robotiq Gripper Integration and Control is more frequent problem in most threads. I am having the same issue, I have tried it with documentation of the RobotiQ Gripper but it's still not working. 

rq_move_and_wait( 0 )
rq_move_and_wait( 255 ) 

These commands are not helpful. Nothing happens when we execute these files, infact RoboDK says no such program exists. (Reference 1.PNG)

Secondly, as told by RoboDK Instructor, we need to add Robotiq Mechanism for Gripper, I added that but do we also need to connect it? (Reference 2.PNG)

I came to one other method of socket connection, but when I ran my script of Gripper Activate/Open/Close it perform the required movement of gripper only and result in disconnection with my robot connected via RoboDK (Reference 2.PNG) Ready state changed to Disconnect. 

I also tried, RunInstruction('rq_move_and_wait(0), INSTRUCTION_CALL_PROGRAM), but no result. 

It's been a while, I am unable to resolve this issue. 
Please guide me to control Gripper using RoboDK Python API.

Any help will be much appreciated. 
Thanks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Can anyone help on this?

Thanks
(04-12-2023, 08:48 AM)mustafa Wrote: Can anyone help on this?

Thanks

I have had the exact same problem for over a year

Have you heard from the RoboDK support team by any chance?

Robotiq grippers and UR robots are NOT, however, the most unusual devices...
Hello, have you resolved your issue?
I seem to be encountering the same problem. I'm using the code robot.RunInstruction('RMACRO2', INSTRUCTION_CALL_PROGRAM), but it still doesn't work.
Depending on the RobotiQ URCaps version you'll need different versions of the progrobodk driver. I recommend you to try this version:
https://robodk.com/forum/Thread-RobotIQ-...9#pid14629

You can also customize the header of the driver program to include the required script to drive your version of the RobotiQ gripper.
Hello fellow enthusiasts,

I wanted to share my journey and experience in resolving the challenges faced while integrating the Robotiq gripper with RoboDK. I understand how frustrating it can be to encounter hurdles in such projects, but I am pleased to inform you that after considerable effort and experimentation, I have found a comprehensive solution that may be of great help to you all.

Problem Overview:
The integration of the Robotiq gripper with RoboDK has proven to be a complex task, leading to various issues during real-world deployment. Despite functioning flawlessly in simulation, there were numerous roadblocks, including gripper disconnection, script errors, and challenges with the "programrobodk.script" library.

Solution:
After numerous iterations and persistent testing, I have devised a reliable solution that ensures seamless communication and functionality between the gripper and the UR10e robot within RoboDK. I have compiled all the necessary files, scripts, and programs in a GitHub repository, making it easier for you to access and implement the solution.

GitHub Repository Link: https://github.com/MustafaImran287/Robot...ing-RoboDK

Instructions for Implementation:
  • Disable firewalls to prevent communication issues.
  • Set the Tech Pendant controls to Remote Control mode.
  • Obtain the Robot IP from the Tech Pendant's "About" section (located in the upper right corner).
  • Connect your Robot in RoboDK by clicking "Connect" in the toolbar and selecting the appropriate Robot UR10e.
  • If you have added the Robotiq Gripper Mechanism from the RoboDK library, it will prompt you to select the Robot UR10e.
  • In the RoboDK Tree, right-click on "Program" and select "Edit Python Script."
  • Use VSCodium or any Python IDE to run the program. Ensure you have selected the debug configuration "Python."
  • This will execute the program both in RoboDK simulation and the real environment.
  • Please feel free to explore the repository, use the files, and adapt the solution to your specific requirements. I genuinely hope that this endeavor will save you valuable time and effort, leading to successful gripper and RoboDK integration projects.
Note: Please adjust the paths used in files, accordingly. 

Let's continue supporting each other in our shared passion for robotics and automation. Should you encounter any challenges or have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out, and I'll be glad to assist.

Happy building!
Thank you for sharing this information! We find these instructions and programs very useful and it will help many people troubleshoot issues integrating Universal Robots and RobotiQ. We'll probably be sharing your work through our social media channel.

For your information, we also updated our documentation last week to integrate the RobotiQ gripper with UR controllers:
https://robodk.com/doc/en/Robots-Univers...UR-RobotiQ

This is based on the word document we shared in previous threads.