Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Universal Robots: moveL / moveP command

Hello!

On the website (link: https://robodk.com/blog/robot-post-processors/), I found that if you use an UR robot, you can use both moveL and moveP commands. I am wondering how I can include the moveP command in the program because only the moveJ, moveL and moveC commands are available in RoboDK (toolbar).

Thank for the reply.
Mitja GOLOB
Hello!

I use the CAD / CAM method for robot programming. When I generate code for a robot controller, I see that only movL commands are used.

example:
movel(p[0.601219, 0.202453, 0.146580, 0.000000, 2.902453, -1.202235])

movel(p[0.601305, 0.202425, 0.146607, 0.000000, 2.902453, -1.202235])

I would expect that moveP will be used. Why it only uses moveL commands?

Thanks for the reply.
Mitja GOLOB
Hello!

It would really help me if anyone could answer the question. I can't find any documentation that would nicely describe the use of the moveP command (if it is even possible to use the moveP command).

Thanks for the reply.
Mitja GOLOB
Hi Mitja,

The use of MoveL vs MoveP command is only managed by the post processor. You can go in the post processor and simply change the variable "USE_MOVEP" from False to True.

Your program will then be generated using MoveP instead of MoveL.

Have a good day.
Jeremy
Hi, I am trying to use the MoveP post processor, but if so the robot stops the programm after 1 sek. With the general Universal Robot post processor everythings is fine but the curves are executed quite poorly. The robot shivers constantly.

Can somebody help?

Best regards
Ok it was simply a speed problem :D 

But I don't really understand, why the moveP post processor causes the programm to stop immediatly...
Is it solved now?

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel